This remarkable collection includes:
- "Living with Furious Opposites," Phillip Yancey's penetrating examination of the distance between the faith we champion and the way we really live.
- "Confessions of a Reluctant Catholic," Alice McDermott's ironic reflections on the tensions between her roles as novelist and believer.
- Stephen L. Carter on the dominant culture's threat to religion as an alternative, prophetic voice in "Religion, Resistance, and the Curious History of America's Public Schools."
- Elizabeth Fox-Genovese's sensitive, literate look at joining the church and the reaction of her academic colleagues in "A Conversion Story."
- Richard John Neuhaus on the paradox of the profound yet commonplace nature of death in "Born Toward Dying."
Title:: The Best Christian Writing 2001 (Best Christian Writing)
Categories: Spiritual Life,
Publisher: HarperSanFrancisco: October 2001
ISBN Number:: 0060697075
ISBN Number: 13: 9780060697075
Binding:: Paper Back
Book Condition:: New
Item:: 0.65 Item
Seller ID:: 20070607105590